Monday, June 29, 2009

Ranupani - Ranu Kombolo


Mount Semeru or Mahameru from far

Salam again

The distance from Ranupani to Ranu Kombolo is about 9.5 km. We started the journey around 8.30 a.m after breakfast with rice, fried chicken, pecal and without fail tauhu and tempe..Oh ye, we recited doas and seek Allah's blessings before entering the hilly highland jungle.The track from Ranupani resort to post 1 and post 2 was clear with asphalts in place. Semeru area was closed for more than two months due to its dormant state but normally active with small eruptions once in about 15 minute interval time. The authority closed the area for fear that it would erupt suddenly. It was opened about two weeks before we arrived. Due to that the tract was camouflaged by highland bushes..as for me that was the cause of my extra caution and the result I was left behind. Never mind because safety was more important. The track was sometimes very close to the mountain's ridge and valley. Hiking from post 2 to post 3 was really tiring since it was a long distance with ups and downs..."santai je ye..ibu nak rehat"..the normal statement I gave to the guides when I saw a post because surely I would take 10-15 minutes break and sometimes tried to slot a nap..



Mahameru from post 3..



Approaching Ranu Kombolo..Looks very near but still almost 2 km to reach there...by pass post 4..we did not stop since it was going downhill..


Just arrived around 1 0'clock local time, they snapped the picture with a word of encouragement "tak pe perlahan sampai juga".
I just kept quiet knowing that some of them already took a nap....showing how fast and strong they were....
The breeze near the lake was really refreshing..I felt like camping here..as the locals said "buka tender je ye bu"


Solat time, coffee break and lunch..then off again to Mount Kalimati, the base of Semeru..well about 5 km to go before night time approaching...With the waning energy and looking up a steep hill infront of me ....I talked to myself " Puziah boleh ke nie"...That's what many people told me ....endurance of mental strength not only physical per se..I just continued walking...


Wassallam
Next post...Mt Kalimati and Semeru...


2 comments:

Memorable trails... said...

Puziah , breathtaking pics here.Yes ..its more of mental challenge and endurance.I salute you lah.Hubby and you perfect match,sharing same interest and can give moral support to each other.Guess when you get support frm other half,journey to anywhere is halfway done!
Bravo!

Puziah Ahmad said...

Mashitah..memang cantik kwsn tu...Hubby n groupnya memang selalu gi panjat gunung dll...Saya gi sekali sekala bila menarik dan terdaya.....kalau tak duduk rumah je jaga bebudak...