Friday, July 9, 2010

MT Rijanni, Lombok Part 2











Salam to all again

We are now in the month of Rejab, Hijri calendar. Muslims around the world are preparing themselves for the blessed month of Ramadhan. Increase our iman and amal, Insyaallah.

AllahuAkhbar...Allah is the greatest...My journey to the base of Mt. Rijanni was a moment of reflecting the One's power and the One's creations. Name it, from the
undulating landscapes, the volcanic crater, the lake and the fantastic views from the mountain top and the vegetation cover were the proofs of Allah's greatness...

The first part of the journey was long and required my mental strength...since I was the weakest in the group. The first 45 minutes I experienced a 'kind of high latitude sickness'. My breakfast energy went astray...I vomited and was forced to rest for more than 1 hour. I was about to go back to the homestay at Sembalun with the guide, suddenly a surge of energy came back(after drinking about 750ml of 100 plus)..So I decided to continue the climbing..well I took 10 hours and 20 minutes to arrive at the camping ground..the rest only took 8 plus hours..Hakim and Andre (the guide) had to bare with my slow phase and frequent stops...

All in about 7 mountains within Mt. Rijanni. The locals called them "7 Bukit penyesalan"..because it looked a never ending climbing...

Wassallam
p/s Enjoy the views...

Puziah

1 comment:

Win said...

Salam KP, ni mountain yang ke berapa ni? how come you look like youve lost weight? anyway...love the pictures esp the one with the food!