Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Intermission

Salam again

Hi folks you must be wondering....What is actually Puziah doing? A full-time phd student or what?
Just like my colleages at FSPU, UiTM.."Panjat gunung lagi"....O.k that's one of the things I am doing simultaneously..I am definitely a student, a wife, a mother, a community member..and the list goes on. I also help my friends in JIM, KOBASA(heh..tempek nama je), Hidayah Centre..part-time phd consultant (mcm teror sangat konon)..well some community work you can say..

As I told Win in "the comments"..this hobby started way back in 1995 when pursuing Masters at Auckland University..My first encounter with the mountain..then..you know as Cikwin said "addictive"... At the moment as far as my work is concerned..diligently doing my editing(ehem ehem)..I also received sms from my second supervisor .." see me on Friday 10/07/09 at 10.00 a.m at UKM"..wei ketar juga.. what will be her comments on my first draft?...Small amendment Alhamdullillah..if big one...uh!

As far as other academic matter..I just finished presenting a paper at IGU(International Geographer's Union) at UiTM from 6-7th July...I managed to exchange some ideas with people as far as Alaska, Spain, Portugal, India, Japan, Finland, Switzerland, Brazil and Austria...I should grab this opportunity since to attend a conference the other side of the world would cost me a fortune...

Intermission ends here
PUZIAH

p/s I was stunned by a remark made by a Prof from Alaska that came to my table during lunch
.."I wonder how you guys coping living in a sauna?"..I answered politely..blah.blah .then I mentioned about El Nino and El Nina...pity this Prof..you could see his struggle to cope with the weather...

2 comments:

Win said...

Salam and Hi KP,I will choose a sauna over a freezer any time

Puziah Ahmad said...

Wslm..ye..ye talking from experience..after 1 yr plus living in a Christchurch freezer....