Thursday, April 23, 2009

Alhamdulillah my baby is out

Salam

In the adversity of life Alhamdulillah Allah the Merciful gives me some spiritual, emotional and physical strength to contiously persevere in completing my study. This amanah is on my shoulder, since I am paid to do my phd.I have to complete it.. On the day of 15th April I managed to present to the panel of faculty graduate studies my findings and my first draft. ...well still a long way to submit but at least I put all thoughts, analysis and proposal to be srutinized, mutilated, criticized and ...and any words will do to describe I am ready to rewrite and edit the thesis...Now it is up to my two supervisors to ...deliver their verdict..

The dean told me, " do not underestimate the time for editing it could take months".."Ye, that's why I am applying for another extension' I politely told him.." It should not be a problem since you are eligible for it" the answer which make feel like 'jumping'. You know what I mean.

So I should take a few rest day then get back to my editing work..which are not easy..since the technical part are tremendously challenging with tables, figures etc. Besides that the writing part also needs some adjustment. The panel told me " you must highlight the delimitation since your population is 95% Malay respondents "..Another one stressed that I should really mention at the begining my contribution to the field of knowledge"..Ye my mistake..at the beginning I mentioned a proposal of framework..then later change the word to model". This not what I intend to to..haiyah Puziah...

" Your figure should be more presentable.."..This is the part which is not my liking..a slow and tedious process of drawing and inventing the framework, boxes, lines, arrows and labels" Should I hire a person to do it?..Thinking about it.
Then I need to send the draft to the proof-reader...So in summary it will take months....to really say I am done....

Just sharing

Puziah

4 comments:

Win said...

ALhamdulillah, KP...this is a huge milestone yes, we, your friends know you can do it...InsyaAllah...saya tumpang gembira....- win

moon said...

dear puan puziah,

it's really inspiring to read your latest post. wahhh- saya pun tumpang gembira macam kak win kita.

mine- stil blur and vague and heading nowhere (yet). my supervisor said- it's normal but hey- been here for almost 2 months already- at least i should have seen some lights.

i can easily feel demotivated, and (mostly)struck by laziness and boredom but when i read your lines on "amanah and all" - i have to remind myself again and again (and again) that i am here for "reasons". and those "reasons" should get me going or otherwise, i will be questioned in the hereafter.

congratulations puan puziah!!

moon.a

Puziah Ahmad said...

Cik win and Muna...tq..jazakillah for the inspiring words...but heaps of editing as Dr Masran said " make it attractive, interesting and easy to read to the readers.." e.g short sentences and short paragraphs..choice of words..
don't discourage your reader with lots of raw data....not easylah weh..

mohdhafizmdali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.