Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PHD TIPS- FINDINGS

Salam to all.

Writting process
As I am in the writing process, I found some tips in Glatthorn and Loyner (2005). The book entitled " Writing the winning thesis or dissertation". It was recommended during the research methodology class way back in 2006.

How to present the results?. The writers recommended that the results may be written according to the option the researcher choose for the format. These include; "

1.By hypotheses..H 1 , 2..
2. By research question, RQ1, 2..
3. By research method; interviews, survey,..
4. By cronological pattern..and
5. By variables...gender, concepts etc

For me I followed option 2, by research questions. I have two main research questions with 5 sub-research questions..
Other tips, not to interpret the data in the result section, otherwise not much to say in the discussion chapter. The narrative style of writing can be adopted in this section.

My comments
At first I seemed to be in a maze with all the statiscal figure. I think by structuring the thoughts and format, things were getting clearer though not crystal clear. So just follow the recommendation by the writer, that would save the troubles later..

My opinion
PUZIAH AHMAD

2 comments:

Win said...

Salam and Hi KP, tq for this useful tip..I akan cari buku tu - win

Puziah Ahmad said...

wslm cikwin..gambo baru ke..?