Thursday, January 29, 2009

PHD TIPS

Salam to all

Regression analysis

I just want to share my inner feeling about my research. Huh...huh fellow researchers..really I am at the crossroads of choosing options of regression analysis. Currently I used non-parametric methods of analysis for relationships and correlations of variables..No ..no I don't want to revert to parametric analysis. I found out in one of the references saying that for samples above 100 normality of data can be assumed therefore parametric tests can be done... Huh after all the detail analysis..I just continue with non-parametric approaches therefore linear regression and mutiple regression are not in the list of regression option for me.


It means I have to explore new fields of regression which I am not familiar with at all. I try professor google, books and meeting people to solve my problems. So far almost a week I still try my senses of understanding to gauge the subject matter. Please if anyone familiar with multinominal or ordinal regression , I am more that willing to learn from you. Yesterday I was so confident with binary logistic regression,but it turned out the method is not suitable for my data..Anyway thank you very much Dr in waiting Rosma Md Dom.. for the regression coaching exercise.

My doas

Ya Allah shower me with wisdom and knowledge so that I would able to understand the intricate matters of knowledge such as statistics and able to complete the amanah. My knowledge is nothing not even a drop of water compared to You the Knowledgable, the Listener, the Observer ..the AL-Mighty Allah.

Rabbisyrahlisadriwayassirliamriwahlukhukta'anminlisanniyafkhakhuqauli.

PUZIAH

4 comments:

Win said...

Salam and hi KP, well I'm still far from your stage but I know you can post questions and get feedback from forums. Try this forum and post a message...maybe you will get some insights that could be useful...
http://www.isixsigma.com/forum/newpost.asp

Puziah Ahmad said...

Thanks CikWin..i shall try..betul le nie kepala berasap...cuma tak nampak asapnya je!

Memorable trails... said...

Salam Puziah,Once I had a best friend doing PHD.Before her phd we were very closed, kata orang kawan sebantal.I stopped til masters but she went to Michigan to pursue her phd.She told me it s very2 tough and her superviser was very stirct.She almost flung, but later made it. However, as her friend who knows her inside out, I would say she came out from her phd as a different person..very serious and to me she has lost her sense of humour. Now, we seldom contact each other.When I e mail to her informing her that I might b thinking of getting a phd,her response was ; you have to be physically,emotionally psychologically ready and fit.I was just kidding... guess i ll just do my phd with my kids!Tapi kekadang tenguk orang ada gelaran kat depan tu ..Prof dr.., ei teringin jugak.kesal pun ada sbb tak teruskan dulu..la ni dah forgetful..x leh lagi..all the best to you..

Puziah Ahmad said...

Wassallam Madam gold, thanks visiting my blog..as your friend said..preservance v.important but now 3 year n almost 1 month already..the light is nowhere to be seen yet..tu yg rasa letih sikit...
on the positive note some people say we will be more humble compared to before coz we realize how inadequate we are in knowledge wise..Insyaallah I just continue..age is not a barrier..some of our profs completed their phds in their 50s..so you can do it too...